Walker & Son respects your privacy and will treat your personal information carefully. This policy sets out important information about how we use your personal information so please read it carefully.
The website www.walkerspies.co.uk is operated by Walker & Son (“we” or “us”) and we are what is known as a “controller” of personal information with gather and use. When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this policy, we mean Walker & Son which is a company with the Samworth Brothers Limited Group (our “Group”). A list of our Group companies can be found Here.
We take your privacy very seriously and we ask that you read this policy carefully as it contains important information on:
- The personal information we collect about you;
- What we do with your information; and
- Who your information might be shared with.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We will ask you to provide certain personal information when you submit an enquiry use our website www.walkerspies.co.uk.
We use your personal information to:
- Provide you with our products and services;
- Communicate product offers, events and competitions;
- Process returns and address complaints and queries;
- For legal purposes (such as regulatory and enforcing our rights);
- To remember you and view activity on our Site – please see ‘Cookies and Tracking’ below and our Cookies policy Here;
We only use your personal information where that is permitted by laws that protect your privacy rights. When we you use our Site we will only use your personal information where:
- We have your consent (if consent is needed);
- We need to use the information to comply with our legal obligations;
- We need to use the information to perform a contract with you;
- It is fair to use the personal information either in our interests or someone else’s interests, where is there no disadvantage to you (what is known as ‘legitimate interests’) – this can include where it is in our interests to market additional products or services to you.
INFORMATION WHICH WE MAY COLLECT :
We collect personal information about you when you register an account with us, make a purchase through our Site, contact us or when you submit a response to an online questionnaire on our website.
We may collect the following personal information:
- full name;
- postal address;
- email address;
- telephone numbers; and
- bank details including credit card and debit card numbers;
HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. We will not retain personal information for longer than 6 years.
OUR APPROACH TO INFORMATION SECURITY
To protect your information, Walker & Son has policies and procedures in place to make sure that only authorized personnel can access the information, that information is handled and stored in a secure and sensible manner and all systems that can access the information have the necessary security measures in place. To accomplish this, all employees, contractors and sub-contractors have roles and responsibilities defined in those policies and procedures.
To make sure all employees, contractors and subcontractors understand these responsibilities they are provided with the necessary training and resources they need.
In addition to these operational measures, we also use a range of technologies and security systems to reinforce the policies.
To make sure that these measures are suitable, vulnerability tests are run regularly. Audits to identify areas of weakness and non-compliance are routinely scheduled. Additionally, all areas of the organisation are constantly monitored and measured to identify problems and issues before they arise.
In order to process any of the requests listed below, we may need to verify your identity for your security. In such cases your response will be necessary for you to exercise this right.
The right to access information we hold about you
At any point you can contact us to request that the information we hold about you as well as why we have that information, who has access to the information and where we got the information. Once we have received your request we will respond within 30 days.
The right to correct and update the information we hold about you
If the personal information we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and we will ensure that it is updated.
The right to have your information erased
If you feel that we should no longer be using your personal information or that we are illegally using your personal information, you can request that we erase the personal data we hold. When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the personal information has been deleted or tell you the reason why it cannot be deleted.
The right to object to processing of your personal information
You have the right to request that Walker & Son stops processing your personal information. Upon receiving the request, we will contact you to tell you if we are able to comply or if we have legitimate grounds to continue. If personal data is no longer processed, we may continue to hold your personal information to comply with your other rights.
The right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You have the right to request that we stop contacting you with direct marketing. In order to process your request we may need to verify your identity for your security.
The right to data portability
You have the right to request that we transfer your personal information to another controller. Once we have received your request, we will comply where it is feasible to do so.
In those cases where we need your consent to hold your information, we will ask you to check a box on any form requiring consent. By checking these boxes you are stating that you have been informed as to why Walker & Son is collecting the information, how it will be used, for how long it will be kept, who else will have access to it and what your rights are as a data subject.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Our service providers where necessary to make the products and services available to you such as suppliers of IT services;
- To promote our products and services to you, such as [social media platforms who may send targeted and automated messages to you;
- Where necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of our group of companies, our customers, or others we may share personal information with law enforcement agencies.
COOKIES AND TRACKING
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our customer requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Please click Here to see our cookies policy.
When contacted with an enquiry, Walker & Son will hold the entity name and contact details only for the purposes of handling the enquiry.[The online forms are subject to the same cookies and tracking as the rest of the website (see the above section “Cookies and Tracking” for more information).]
If you have any queries about this policy, need further information or wish to lodge a complaint you can use the details below to contact the relevant party:
GDPR Project Manager
We may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy occasionally to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access the Site.